Thursday, September 28, 2006

Who Is The Master Now?

So, Hondo (my dog) had surgery to remove some skin tags; this left him with two stitched incisions, one on the hip, the other on his paw. The vet (and everyone I spoke to) said I should have him wear one of those cones that limits the dog’s movement. I caved to popular opinion.

I put the cone on him Wednesday morning. I cleared the chairs from the kitchen, moved his bed downstairs under the kitchen table and tried to get him to lay down. He wouldn’t. He tried to back away from the cone and walked right down a stairway, backwards. He kept bashing the cone into doorframes, my legs, kitchen cabinets, food dish, water dish, windows, etc. He was trembling and scared of it, and I felt like a jerk when I had to leave for work.

I got home last night, Hondo was downstairs under a big oak table; all I could see was his eyes. When I called him he stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at me, coneless. I still have not found it.

He has not fussed with his stitches.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger juju said...

Poor doggy... Mean 3XHAR to put cone on doggy. Maybe 3XHAR will find it around his neck when he wakes up... Haha.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Alice in Wonderbread said...

Did the cone turn up yet?

I wonder if Hondo consumed the whole thing.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger 3XHAR said...

I found it downstairs, lodged under a couch.

He got his stitches out today! He's very tired: he had daycare and he took a trip to the vet. The daycare workers informed me that the hound has a new girlfriend! They're quite the item with the pea-gravel and poop set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home