Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Almost a year...

Last year, after I got back from Peru, a few things happened.

1) Went to Vegas in August to surprise The Duck on his birthday. Much hilarity ensued. Saw hookers, but did not touch. They don't look like the hookers in the movies. This made 3XHAR a saaaaad panda.

2) Started dating a woman named Jackie. Still dating her. And it is good.

3) Went to India for three weeks. Many adventures were had: monkeys fighting dogs, ancient temples, Vibz and Ranak got married, I got robbed, inhaled pollution, met great people, saw Mt Everest in the Snow Haus, visited the Taj Mahal and travelled by plane, van, car, autorickshaw, boat, foot, and elephant. And I remain friends with Ted, the finest of travelling companions.

4) Have started running. So far, it's not too fun in a conventional way. It's fun like hiking all day with no air to breathe in Peru was fun. My idea of fun may not be your idea of fun.

5) Played and am playing much volleyball. Am in two leagues now and will be playing three to four times each week this summer.

6) Did the Polar Plunge in Madison's Lake Monona in February. It was mind-numbingly cold. The kind of stimulus that turns parts of your brain off. I found it interesting.

Current Pain: Shoulder. Very bad. Had to push my car uphill when it became disabled by a vast molten pit in the road (a pot hole). May see a doctor tomorrow, now that I have a car that is fixed.

3XHAR

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Alice in Wonderbread said...

You will enjoy running. I am returning to it myself.

So..you, me, and the Mad City Marathon in 2009, right? I won't be ready this year; I'll be too busy congratulating Broken Little Person and my sister on getting hitched so they can finally stop living in sin. ;)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger RT said...

you're back!!! :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Alice in Wonderbread said...

Ranak, I know. Isn't it wonderful to hear laughter times three?

:) more more more!!! post some of your writing here! I read a short story of yours many moons ago regarding the implications of fiber optics technology, and want to know how the story continues! Give me some storylines. I have screenwriting classes coming in the fall and need motivation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home